Benefits of Working at 21st Century Charter School at Gary
21st Century Charter School at Gary is a GEO Academy, and the school’s mission is to provide an excellent education for all students. The school expects each and every student to excel and achieve at their highest potential. Accordingly, the school also provides a workplace environment in which staff are able to excel and achieve at their highest potential in their professional careers. Learn more below about how we value our staff.
21st Century Charter School at Gary values its employees at work and outside of work. We provide a positive culture and collaborative work environment that is supportive of its staff. We want our staff to grow professionally and provide multiple opportunities for professional development. We offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
- Employer sponsored medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Employer sponsored life insurance policy for all full time employees.
- Full time Employees may also choose to take advantage of supplemental insurance for short-term disability and/or additional life insurance.
- Year round school staff are offered paid vacation time in their compensation package.
- School staff who qualify participate in the Indiana state sponsored PERF and TERF retirement plans. In addition, qualified staff may choose to participate in a 403B retirement plan sponsored by GEO Foundation.
21st Century Charter School at Gary is classified as a Title I school and therefore its employees may qualify for the government loan forgiveness programs for student loans.
Learn more about Teacher Loan Forgiveness:
At 21st Century Charter School at Gary we believe in continuous improvement and development of the teaching craft. The achievement gap in the United States is OUR problem, and we won’t stop working until all children have the opportunity to pursue and benefit from a quality education. We take responsibility for our student’s learning, and we support teachers at every step of the way.
Each teacher at 21st Century Charter School at Gary received at least 12 hours of professional development per month! Through the TAP System, teachers benefit from a school wide support network through which teachers are observed, developed in specific areas of need, and given the opportunity to share their strengths in teaching wither fellow teachers. The TAP System ensures that each teacher is rewarded for their success and develop according to a model of continuous improvement. Learn more about Professional Development at 21st Century Charter School at Gary: